RESERVE YOUR TICKET TODAY – Only 1000 tickets available!
2015 SDSRM RAFFLE SALES RULES
The rules proposed for use, in handling of matters related to the SDSRM Annual Raffle Sales, are as follows:
- The Raffle Sales shall consist of (1000) raffle tickets sold at an amount of $100.00 each. There will be a commencement date of sales and an ending date of sales. For the year 2015, the commencement date is February 1, 2015, and the ending date is August 27, 2015.
- Every raffle ticket available for sale to the general public shall be recorded and tracked by “hand written” ledger, as to its final disposition (sale) of the assigned number. The ledger will be kept up-to-date daily and available to our auditor for review, on a monthly basis during the sales period listed above. This process must be followed until all, 1000 numbers have been sold and/or accounted for by the Raffle Committee and the auditor. The Auditor will also be allowed to view the banking records of the SDSRM, to include the credit card sales.
- Absolutely no household or direct family member living with a South Dakota State Railroad Museum Board of Director will be allowed to win any prizes to be awarded in this event. Children, grandchildren, and other relatives not residing with the Board of Director are permitted to enter the drawing. The final winner will be designated by confirmation of our auditor, Casey Peterson & Associates.
- All persons purchasing a 2015 SDSRM Raffle Sale ticket, with associated assigned number, must be of Twenty one (21) years of age or older.
- The winning number ticket owner is not going to be required to participate in any commercial advertising matters of the SDSRM. The SDSRM will, however, request your permission to publicly announce your “NAME” to be included with the winning ticket number. Any additional promotional considerations will be handled on a request basis.
- SDSRM Board Directors and their appointed representatives reserved the right to completely handle the operational details involved in the final selection of a winning raffle ticket number. Any process used will be open and in plain view of the appointed auditor and the public desiring to be involved the final drawing.
- The SDSRM Board of directors would like to note, The Black Hills & Central Railroad is our current landlord. The employees of The 1880 Train and the Black Hills & Central Railroad are allowed to purchase and win any prizes awarded from this raffle.
- It will be necessary for any winner, of the raffle’s grand prize, to secure a United States Passport, and any USA Homeland Security clearances for travel to the destinations, as indicated on the prize to be awarded. Travel booking of the winner’s individual trip accommodations and dates will be handled through the South Dakota State Railroad Museum and Dakota Travel, in Rapid City, South Dakota. It will be necessary for the Grand Prize winner to work with this vendor and complete the final details necessary for scheduling of the grand prize trip. It is requested, the Grand Prize Winner complete their trip planning with Dakota Travel, by September 30th, 2015.
Time extensions necessary, should be addressed to the South Dakota State Railroad Museum Board of Directors, via museum director, Rick Mills at ( 605/574-9000).
- It is required, the holder of the winning ticket number, either select or choose not to select, the option available to them of “Cash Equivalent”; doing so in writing within seven (7) days of the announced drawing. The Cash Equivalent amount is a “lump sum” amount, and will not be revised for any changes in costs of the grand prize to be awarded.
- The Grand Prize trip is based upon the occupancy of two ( 2 ) and the SDSRM will not offer partial credit of any charges or any related cash compensation for less than two ( 2 ) traveling persons.
- Any personnel state or federal income taxes, of any sort, are not included in the amount to be awarded to the grand prize winner. This would include both amounts relating to the travel trip or any selection of a cash equivalent payment
- SDSRM Board of Directors, reserve the right, to withhold the sale of five (5) raffle tickets from the initial sale of (1000). These five (5) “house” raffle tickets will be appropriately accounted for during the festivities of the drawing event.
- Raffle Ticket holders will not be required to be present at the official drawing event; however, you may be requested by a representative of the SDSRM to authorize a “stand-in” to express your decisions in the final drawing process
- The final drawing process, held on August 28th, 2015 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City, South Dakota will be a special evening event hosted by the South Dakota State Railroad Museum. Tickets will be available to any Raffle Ticket holders and the general public.
- The South Dakota State Railroad Museum’s Board of Directors reserves the right to interpret, revise, and to change any rule for the 2015 Raffle sales prior to the grand prize drawing on Friday, August 28, 2015. The purpose of any rule amending announcement(s) would be to insure one (1) grand prize winner at the time of drawing.
- Employees, children living at the home of an employee, and spouses of Casey Peterson & Associates, Ltd. will not be eligible to win any prizes to be awarded in the 2015 South Dakota State Railroad Museum Raffle.
During the final raffle drawing selection process…there will be ten (10) raffle tickets selected, in public view, from all raffle tickets sold. The appropriate owner of each of the “final ten” raffle ticket holders will be the only raffle ticket holders competing for the final grand prize. These ten (10) will receive ($100.00) each for their selection in the process and will be offered a number of options regarding their desires in the final drawing process for the Grand Prize. These options will be, and are not limited to the following: 1. To retain their raffle ticket throughout the process, 2. To auction their raffle ticket to a member of the audience (with the owner receiving 50% of the auction price and SDSRM accepting the remaining 50% as a donation to the museum), and to exercise either of these options until the final “keys” are selected by the ten (10) participants for opening the lock on the box containing the Grand Prize.
The SDSRM will provide a professional auctioneer to handle the sale option, per the request of the owner. Should the raffle ticket owner not be present for the drawing or in contact with persons they would have for a stand-in…that raffle ticket will automatically scheduled to participate in the final selection of “keys” to be used to open the Grand Prize box. Each raffle ticket selected from the ten (10) qualified will retain their opportunity at a “key” to open the grand prize box.
It should be noted… The final selection process used to establish a winner of the SDSRM Charity Raffle is nothing more than providing additional opportunities and entertainment to our raffle ticket purchasers. All raffle ticket holders can be assured they will have every opportunity to be among those selected to be the ten (10) “key” recipients, and/or the winner of the Grand Prize trip.
Revised February 2015